Egypt’s SIDPEC rolls over November PE prices
Accordingly, SIDPEC’s November offers are reported at EGP22,700/ton ($1286/ton) for HDPE blow molding, EGP22,600/ton ($1280/ton) for HDPE film and EGP22,500/ton ($1275/ton) for injection, all on ex-Alexandria, 60 days deferred payment excluding VAT basis.
A producer source reported that they elected to keep their prices unchanged as the market lacks support for a price hike in the midst of relatively stable import offers and slow trading activities. He reported, “This week, we will be delivering HDPE b/m cargoes; however, our HDPE film deliveries will not be halted as we have good stocks. We are running our plant at full rates and we hope to see better demand. However, tight liquidity continues to hamper smooth trading.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global PET markets surge on heels of costs, tightness
- SE Asia PP uptrend fueled by China’s strong return
- US PE offers back in the game in global markets
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise to 5-month high in October
- Oct PE pricing under discussion amid rising costs, tepid demand in Europe
- Crude at multi-year highs contributes to a perfect storm in polymers
- An enduring challenge: Unprecedented times in PVC markets
- Saudi major opts for firm Oct pricing in both local and export polyolefin markets
- Coal prices hit record highs in China with knock-on effects for PP, PVC markets
- European PP players foresee stability for Oct despite higher propylene