Egypt’s SIDPEC rolls over November PE prices
Accordingly, SIDPEC’s November offers are reported at EGP22,700/ton ($1286/ton) for HDPE blow molding, EGP22,600/ton ($1280/ton) for HDPE film and EGP22,500/ton ($1275/ton) for injection, all on ex-Alexandria, 60 days deferred payment excluding VAT basis.
A producer source reported that they elected to keep their prices unchanged as the market lacks support for a price hike in the midst of relatively stable import offers and slow trading activities. He reported, “This week, we will be delivering HDPE b/m cargoes; however, our HDPE film deliveries will not be halted as we have good stocks. We are running our plant at full rates and we hope to see better demand. However, tight liquidity continues to hamper smooth trading.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record