Egypt’s SIDPEC rolls over November PE prices
Accordingly, SIDPEC’s November offers are reported at EGP22,700/ton ($1286/ton) for HDPE blow molding, EGP22,600/ton ($1280/ton) for HDPE film and EGP22,500/ton ($1275/ton) for injection, all on ex-Alexandria, 60 days deferred payment excluding VAT basis.
A producer source reported that they elected to keep their prices unchanged as the market lacks support for a price hike in the midst of relatively stable import offers and slow trading activities. He reported, “This week, we will be delivering HDPE b/m cargoes; however, our HDPE film deliveries will not be halted as we have good stocks. We are running our plant at full rates and we hope to see better demand. However, tight liquidity continues to hamper smooth trading.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem