Egypt’s SIDPEC shuts HDPE lines for maintenance
A source from the producer commented, “Our plant is shut but overall demand is very slow these days after the year-end holidays. Thin buying interest continues to put further downward pressure on prices.”
Earlier this week, SIDPEC had issued EGP1000/ton ($127/ton) decreases for HDPE film, EGP1100/ton ($141/ton) drops for HDPE b/m and EGP1300-1500/ton ($166-192/ton) declines for HDPE injection.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets