Egypt’s SIDPEC shuts HDPE lines for maintenance
A source from the producer commented, “Our plant is shut but overall demand is very slow these days after the year-end holidays. Thin buying interest continues to put further downward pressure on prices.”
Earlier this week, SIDPEC had issued EGP1000/ton ($127/ton) decreases for HDPE film, EGP1100/ton ($141/ton) drops for HDPE b/m and EGP1300-1500/ton ($166-192/ton) declines for HDPE injection.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers