Egypt’s SIDPEC shuts HDPE swing line
“We plan to resume operations at the plant as of October 19 and we will start deliveries once the plant resumes operations. Meanwhile, our second HDPE injection line is operating normally and we are making HDPE injection deliveries smoothly to the market,” added the source.
SIDPEC’s October HDPE prices currently stand at EGP14700/ton ($1639/ton) for film, at EGP14800/ton ($1650/ton) for blow moulding and at EGP14000-14500/ton ($1560-1617/ton) for injection, all on ex-Alexandria, 60 days deferred payment excluding VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets