Egypt’s SIDPEC to have a 24 hour shutdown
“We delivered HDPE to the market from our daily production during the month of March. This was due to the healthy demand we see from the local market, so, we ended up working without stocks and delivered from our daily production. However, for now, we experience tightness on our ethane gas supplies and therefore, we feel obligated to halt our operations for the next 24 hours. Meanwhile, we are not sure if the duration of the shutdown will be extended or not. Regarding our April price announcements, we will announce our prices as usual, at the beginning of the month,” highlighted the source.
SIDPEC, who obtains ethane from GASCO, has an ethylene cracker with 300,000 tons/year capacity and HDPE plant with 220,000 tons/year capacity.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect