Egypt’s SIDPEC to have a 24 hour shutdown
“We delivered HDPE to the market from our daily production during the month of March. This was due to the healthy demand we see from the local market, so, we ended up working without stocks and delivered from our daily production. However, for now, we experience tightness on our ethane gas supplies and therefore, we feel obligated to halt our operations for the next 24 hours. Meanwhile, we are not sure if the duration of the shutdown will be extended or not. Regarding our April price announcements, we will announce our prices as usual, at the beginning of the month,” highlighted the source.
SIDPEC, who obtains ethane from GASCO, has an ethylene cracker with 300,000 tons/year capacity and HDPE plant with 220,000 tons/year capacity.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand