Egypt’s SIDPEC to have a 24 hour shutdown
“We delivered HDPE to the market from our daily production during the month of March. This was due to the healthy demand we see from the local market, so, we ended up working without stocks and delivered from our daily production. However, for now, we experience tightness on our ethane gas supplies and therefore, we feel obligated to halt our operations for the next 24 hours. Meanwhile, we are not sure if the duration of the shutdown will be extended or not. Regarding our April price announcements, we will announce our prices as usual, at the beginning of the month,” highlighted the source.
SIDPEC, who obtains ethane from GASCO, has an ethylene cracker with 300,000 tons/year capacity and HDPE plant with 220,000 tons/year capacity.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa