Egypt’s SIDPEC to have a 24 hour shutdown
“We delivered HDPE to the market from our daily production during the month of March. This was due to the healthy demand we see from the local market, so, we ended up working without stocks and delivered from our daily production. However, for now, we experience tightness on our ethane gas supplies and therefore, we feel obligated to halt our operations for the next 24 hours. Meanwhile, we are not sure if the duration of the shutdown will be extended or not. Regarding our April price announcements, we will announce our prices as usual, at the beginning of the month,” highlighted the source.
SIDPEC, who obtains ethane from GASCO, has an ethylene cracker with 300,000 tons/year capacity and HDPE plant with 220,000 tons/year capacity.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand, lower costs drag Asia PET markets down
- Small rally in Vietnamese local PP, PE markets proves short-lived
- Softer expectations take hold of Europe’s PE market for November
- Asia PS, ABS markets under pressure from multi-year low styrene
- US PE exports to continue to dominate Q4 market outlook
- Taiwanese major sells out Nov PVC quota to India ahead of Diwali
- Will Asian spot ethylene markets pull back from 10-year lows?
- October hikes prove short-lived in Europe’s PP market
- Firming PE trend stumbles, medium-term expectations stifled in Turkey
- PET prices fail to rebound from near 3-year low in Asia, Europe