Egypt’s SIDPEC tracks divergent pricing policies for Oct HDPE
The producer cut their HDPE film prices by EGP300/ton ($38/ton) to EGP10600/ton ($1354/ton), rolled over their HDPE b/m offers at EGP11000/ton ($1405/ton) and lifted their HDPE inj. prices by EGP200-400/ton ($26-51/ton) to EGP11400-11700/ton ($1456-1494/ton) on ex-Alexandria, cash excluding VAT basis.
A source from SIDPEC commented, “We see good demand for HDPE film, but we hold high stocks for this product; therefore, we lowered our prices. For HDPE blow moulding and injection, demand is very good and we lifted our injection prices since we have rather limited stocks for this grade. Right now, we are running both our production lines at full rates without any problems.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe