Egypt’s TCI Sanmar announces new prices
A source from the producer stated, “We elected to decrease our prices in line with decreasing import market levels as well as weak demand. Meanwhile, our allocations are normal and we can sufficiently provide cargoes both to our local market as well as to our export destinations. In the export market, we experience weak demand although the general PVC market conditions are disappointing.”
Prior to TCI Sanmar, the other PVC producer EPC, had also issued EGP300/ton ($38/ton) decreases on their PVC offers for the first half of September.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm