Egypt’s TCI Sanmar issues three digit PVC hikes for mid-March
A source from the producer commented, “We consider this price rise more like a correction than a hike as our prices have only just now reached levels near to par with the import market after adding estimated clearing and handling charges. We see good demand towards our cargoes since buyers are mostly shying away from import market purchases given the difficult import processes amidst higher USD exchange rates. At the moment, we are running our plant at normal rates and our export trade performs regularly, especially to Turkey.”
Prior to TCI Sanmar’s announcement, EPC had also elected to lift their mid-March levels. However, this producer’s increase amount was rather modest at EGP500/ton ($56/ton). EPC offers k67-68 at EGP7600/ton ($849/ton) and k70 at EGP7750/ton ($866/ton) on ex-Alexandria, cash excluding VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September