Egypt’s TCI Sanmar reveals August PVC prices
Prior to TCI Sanmar’s announcement, the other local producer EPC had also rolled over their prices for the first half of the month. The producer’s PVC k67-68 prices stand at EGP7450/ton ($951/ton) and their k70 prices are at EGP7600/ton ($971/ton) on ex-Alexandria, cash not inc VAT basis. However, regarding their exports, the source commented, “We halted our export business for August. Demand in Turkey is not performing well and we can achieve better margins in our local market. Nowadays, we are running our plant at full capacity and are delivering normally to our customers.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe