Egypt’s TCI Sanmar reveals Dec PVC offers
The source reported that their plant is operating normally now and they are fulfilling their old commitments nowadays. “We might finish meeting our old commitments based on our previous price levels within a week and then we will start to deliver on our new offers. We are planning to adopt a new pricing policy and won’t be restricted to announce twice within a month due to the rapid changes and fluctuating exchange rates. We will adjust our offers to the market accordingly and that might happen more than twice within the same month," commented the source.
Previously, Egypt’s other PVC producer, EPC also reported that they decided to set their prices on a weekly basis due to the fluctuating dollar parity until the exchange rates stabilize between the US dollar and the EGP.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure