Egypt’s TCI Sanmar reveals PVC offers for H2 October
The producer’s offers are reported at EGP20,420/ton for PVC k67-68, on an ex-Port Said, cash including VAT basis ($1015/ton without VAT).
“We had to step back on our initial hike targets to compete with the falling local and import offers. Demand is moderate as players are expecting further decreases in the import market. Moreover, our operations are smooth and deliveries are regular,” said a producer source.
The same approach was adopted by EPC, the other PVC producer of Egypt, due to the global softening as well as tepid demand both in its local and export markets.
In Egypt, US PVC offers are $50/ton lower on both ends compared to the late-September levels to be currently reported at $900-940/ton CIF, Alexandria, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP market starts to stabilize, will other polymers follow suit?
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes