Egypt’s TCI Sanmar reveals mid-June PVC prices
TCI Sanmar’s new pricing policy is similar to EPC’s with EGP100/ton ($13/ton) drops. The producer now offers at EGP8500/ton ($1013/ton without VAT) on an ex-Port Said, cash inc VAT basis. “Overall demand is performing well, but it is not at the levels where it should be. However, in the export market, our business is performing better, especially in Europe, where supplies are still an issue,” a source from the producer reported.
Prior to TCI Sanmar, EPC also cut their prices by EGP100/ton ($13/ton) to EGP7700/ton ($1010/ton) on ex-Alexandria, cash not inc VAT basis.
With Ramadan starting tomorrow, players are extra cautious and are not rushing to commit to fresh purchases. However, when considering the previously higher costs of locally held cargoes, buyers do not expect large declines on distribution market levels.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?
- Turkey PP and PE regain premium over China, LDPE fails to make a sprint
- Strong netbacks and demand trigger exodus of PVC from China to export markets