Egypt’s TCI Sanmar reveals mid-June PVC prices
TCI Sanmar’s new pricing policy is similar to EPC’s with EGP100/ton ($13/ton) drops. The producer now offers at EGP8500/ton ($1013/ton without VAT) on an ex-Port Said, cash inc VAT basis. “Overall demand is performing well, but it is not at the levels where it should be. However, in the export market, our business is performing better, especially in Europe, where supplies are still an issue,” a source from the producer reported.
Prior to TCI Sanmar, EPC also cut their prices by EGP100/ton ($13/ton) to EGP7700/ton ($1010/ton) on ex-Alexandria, cash not inc VAT basis.
With Ramadan starting tomorrow, players are extra cautious and are not rushing to commit to fresh purchases. However, when considering the previously higher costs of locally held cargoes, buyers do not expect large declines on distribution market levels.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?