Egypt’s TCI reveals PVC prices for 2nd half of November
A source from the producer commented, “In line with the generally softer trend, we elected to lower our prices for the second half of November. We are still giving priority to our export obligations and deliver to the local market in limited amounts. We are also delivering limited export quotas to Turkey, too, since this market remains under downward pressure. Most buyers eye the upstream markets and delay their purchases. However, converters have been postponing their purchases for more than a month so they should return to the market, soon. We believe that demand should improve a bit in the days ahead.”
With the recent price cut, TCI Sanmar’s total decrease amount reached EGP350/ton ($49/ton) for November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets