Egypt’s domestic PVC producers reveal PVC prices for 2H of Jan
Accordingly, EPC continues to offer PVC k67-68 at EGP7000/ton ($979/ton) and k70 at EGP7150/ton ($1000/ton) on ex-Alexandria, cash not including VAT basis. A source from the producer commented, “Import US offers keep recording weekly decreases, but we elected to roll over our prices as we are trying to maintain the current local market levels and prevent further losses. Meanwhile, we are seeing slightly better demand and are holding comfortable stocks,” he added. EPC is not planning to export any PVC cargoes in January.
On another note, TCI Sanmar is offering PVC k67-68 at EGP7750/ton ($985/ton without VAT) on ex-Port Said, cash including VAT basis. “We hold adequate stock levels and we still prefer to focus on our export business rather than our local business. We continue to deliver in limited amounts to the local market. We think that overall buying interest is slightly better when compared with December,” said a source from the producer.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- African PP, PE markets down as demand weakens further in May
- Turkey polymer markets entering holiday amid weak atmosphere, what lies ahead?
- European PP retains strength under shadow of arriving imports
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand