Egypt’s foreign reserves hit more than 5-year high
The recent uptick in the CBE’s foreign reserves has come following the completion of its $4 billion Eurobond sales. On a related note, Egypt secured loans from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the World Bank as well as some other international banks as part of the government’s efforts to ease liquidity tightness and to overcome high exchange rates.
This week, the Egyptian pound has appreciated against the US dollar, to be traded at around EGP18.3 per dollar in the official market.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC snaps an 8-month downtrend, players remain skeptical in Turkey
- China boosts polymer imports from US again despite shrinking overall imports in 2022
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows