Egypt’s foreign reserves hit more than 5-year high
The recent uptick in the CBE’s foreign reserves has come following the completion of its $4 billion Eurobond sales. On a related note, Egypt secured loans from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the World Bank as well as some other international banks as part of the government’s efforts to ease liquidity tightness and to overcome high exchange rates.
This week, the Egyptian pound has appreciated against the US dollar, to be traded at around EGP18.3 per dollar in the official market.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS