Egypt’s local PE producers announce April prices higher to local market
Accordingly, SIDPEC’s offers were reported at EGP22,200/ton ($1369/ton) for HDPE film, EGP22,500/ton ($1388/ton) for HDPE blow molding and EGP22,000/ton ($1357/ton) for injection, all on ex-Alexandria, 60 days deferred payment excluding VAT basis.
The source cited the stronger new import offers and the good demand on their products as the main reasons behind the recent increases. "We will deliver HDPE b/m grades this week from our HDPE film and b/m swing line. Also, demand is good for our cargoes and our plant is running at full rates," he added.
Another local PE producer, ETHYDCO, increased its local prices by EGP1400/ton ($77/ton) for LLLDPE film, by EGP800/ton ($44/ton) for HDPE film and EGP1000/ton ($55/ton) for HDPE inj., bringing its new offers to EGP24,000/ton ($1494/ton) for LLDPE film, to EGP22,000/ton ($1369/ton) for HDPE film and b/m, all on an ex-Alexandria, cash not including VAT basis. The official exchange rate is used for the US dollar calculations.
"We increased our offers in line with the firming import offers. In addition, demand is improving as players are returning to the local market to meet their needs in order to avoid the parity struggles. The inquiries we have received for this month so far are promising as well," the source added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May