Egypt’s local PE producers announce April prices higher to local market
Accordingly, SIDPEC’s offers were reported at EGP22,200/ton ($1369/ton) for HDPE film, EGP22,500/ton ($1388/ton) for HDPE blow molding and EGP22,000/ton ($1357/ton) for injection, all on ex-Alexandria, 60 days deferred payment excluding VAT basis.
The source cited the stronger new import offers and the good demand on their products as the main reasons behind the recent increases. "We will deliver HDPE b/m grades this week from our HDPE film and b/m swing line. Also, demand is good for our cargoes and our plant is running at full rates," he added.
Another local PE producer, ETHYDCO, increased its local prices by EGP1400/ton ($77/ton) for LLLDPE film, by EGP800/ton ($44/ton) for HDPE film and EGP1000/ton ($55/ton) for HDPE inj., bringing its new offers to EGP24,000/ton ($1494/ton) for LLDPE film, to EGP22,000/ton ($1369/ton) for HDPE film and b/m, all on an ex-Alexandria, cash not including VAT basis. The official exchange rate is used for the US dollar calculations.
"We increased our offers in line with the firming import offers. In addition, demand is improving as players are returning to the local market to meet their needs in order to avoid the parity struggles. The inquiries we have received for this month so far are promising as well," the source added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia