Egypt’s local PE producers deny rumors of delivery disruptions
“Our supplies from GASCO were affected by the recent explosion at their line. However, we took advantage of the situation by solving some electrical problems and we resumed our operations shortly after. Therefore, our deliveries were not much affected by the shutdown. This week, demand is slightly improving and we are in a rush to deliver our cargoes to all of our customers on time," said a source from ETHYDCO.
A source from SIDPEC also reported that they had to shut their plant for only two days during the past week due to reduced ethylene supplies from GASCO. “However, our deliveries to the market were not affected by this brief shutdown as we have good stock levels. Our plant is currently running at full rates and we are delivering HDPE film cargoes this week from our HDPE film and b/m swing line,” added the source.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May