Egypt’s local PE producers deny rumors of delivery disruptions
“Our supplies from GASCO were affected by the recent explosion at their line. However, we took advantage of the situation by solving some electrical problems and we resumed our operations shortly after. Therefore, our deliveries were not much affected by the shutdown. This week, demand is slightly improving and we are in a rush to deliver our cargoes to all of our customers on time," said a source from ETHYDCO.
A source from SIDPEC also reported that they had to shut their plant for only two days during the past week due to reduced ethylene supplies from GASCO. “However, our deliveries to the market were not affected by this brief shutdown as we have good stock levels. Our plant is currently running at full rates and we are delivering HDPE film cargoes this week from our HDPE film and b/m swing line,” added the source.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers