Egypt’s local PP producers announce May prices
OPC raised their prices by EGP1700/ton ($192/ton) to EGP12950-13350/ton ($1459-1504/ton w/o VAT) on an ex-Ain Sokhna, Egypt, cash excluding VAT basis.
A source from the producer commented, “We lifted our prices in line with firming levels in the local market given the depreciating EGP against the USD. At the moment, we run our plant at full capacity and we are planning to deliver both to local and export markets this month.”
Meanwhile, EPPC’s prices indicated $110/ton hikes from April at $1130/ton for PP raffia and at $1150/ton for PP fibre on an ex-works Port Said, cash basis.
A source from the producer said, “Our increase decision was influenced by the firmer May import levels announced by Middle Eastern producers. Meanwhile, we are running our plant smoothly.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand