Egypt’s local PVC and PE producers reveal March prices
The other PVC producer TCI Sanmar also lifted up their PVC 67-68 prices by EGP550/ton ($72/ton) to EGP8600/ton ($1025/ton without VAT) on ex-Port Said, cash inc VAT basis. A source from the producer said, “We see improved demand both for our local and export trade. We are delivering normally and our quota amounts will be increased for the local market this month. Although we still do not work with high stock levels, we are running our plant at full rates and we will be delivering our customers smoothly.”
In the PE market, the local HDPE producer SIDPEC also issued increases for the month of March. The producer’s new prices are EGP1500/ton (196/ton)higher for HDPE film and blow moulding and EGP1300/ton ($170/ton) higher for HDPE injection. Prices from the producer were reported at EGP10900/ton ($1429/ton) for HDPE film, EGP11000/ton ($1442/ton) for HDPE blow moulding and at EGP10800-11300EGP/ton ($1311-1482/ton) for HDPE injection on ex-Alexandria, cash not inc VAT basis. A source from the producer said, “The trend is firm for ethylene and naphtha. Plus, import March offers are higher and the local supplies very tight. Yet, despite our increases, we believe that our prices are still very competitive and we anticipate seeing better demand. At the moment, we run out plant at full rates and our delivers are proceeding smoothly.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe