Egypt’s local PVC producers announce mid-February prices
EPC’s prices continue to remain at EGP6800/ton ($868/ton) for PVC k67-68 and at EGP6950/ton ($888/ton) for k70 on an ex-Alexandria, cash excluding VAT basis. Meanwhile, TCI Sanmar offers k67-68 at EGP7450/ton ($865/ton without VAT) on an ex-Port Said, cash including VAT basis.
A source from EPC commented, “We are currently pleased with our sales, so we elected to maintain our offers. We continue to run our plant at full rates and are delivering to the market normally. However, we are still not exporting in February as we are happy with the margins we can achieve in the local market.”
Meanwhile, a company source from TCI Sanmar stated, “We see improving demand in the local market while import market prices are firming. We are planning to keep a close eye on indicators for the March outlook. Regarding our operations, we continue to run our plant at normal rates and our export trade is performing well, especially to Europe."
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds
- Oil producers boast record Q3 earnings but chemical margins under pressure
- Aggressive imports, long supplies weigh on Europe’s ABS markets