Egypt’s local PVC producers announce mid-February prices
EPC’s prices continue to remain at EGP6800/ton ($868/ton) for PVC k67-68 and at EGP6950/ton ($888/ton) for k70 on an ex-Alexandria, cash excluding VAT basis. Meanwhile, TCI Sanmar offers k67-68 at EGP7450/ton ($865/ton without VAT) on an ex-Port Said, cash including VAT basis.
A source from EPC commented, “We are currently pleased with our sales, so we elected to maintain our offers. We continue to run our plant at full rates and are delivering to the market normally. However, we are still not exporting in February as we are happy with the margins we can achieve in the local market.”
Meanwhile, a company source from TCI Sanmar stated, “We see improving demand in the local market while import market prices are firming. We are planning to keep a close eye on indicators for the March outlook. Regarding our operations, we continue to run our plant at normal rates and our export trade is performing well, especially to Europe."
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets