Egypt’s second PE producer ETHYDCO set to start exports
The source stated that ETHYDCO has already signed contracts with several distribution companies operating across global markets such as Turkey, China, Taiwan, North Africa, Europe, the Balkan and the Black Sea regions.
“We are going to start our export activities once the required procedures are done. We believe that the paper work will be completed within August,” the source noted.
ETHYDCO has 460,000 tons/year ethylene and 400,000 tons/year integrated PE capacity. The producer’s PE plant houses two production lines: a 200,000 tons/year HDPE/LLDPE swing line and a 200,000 tons/year HDPE line.
This week, the producer achieved commercial runs at their second line which is designed to produce HDPE grades only. According to the source, the producer started their HDPE deliveries to the local market after receiving good response from their customers. “Our prices are found to be competitive by our customers. Operations are smooth at both of our lines,” he added.
Prior to the launch of the HDPE line, ETHYDCO had started their LLDPE/HDPE swing line in July. “We are still producing LLDPE at our swing line while we are yet to determine a date for shifting the production line from LLDPE to HDPE,” the company source stated.
Meanwhile, players in Egypt’s local markets report that LLDPE and HDPE supplies are more than sufficient nowadays due to the two local producers’ comfortable allocations. A converter stated, “Supplies are ample in the midst of SIDPEC’s and ETHYDCO’s deliveries. We think that ETHYDCO’s HDPE film has a good quality.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion