Egypt signs natural gas deal with Cyprus
State run Egyptian Natural Gas Holding Company (EGAS) is reported to have hosted a delegation from Noble Energy earlier this week in order to discuss the details of importing natural gas from the Aphrodite field located in Cyprus to Egypt.
According to media reports, EGAS chairman Khaled Abdel Badie highlighted that the two companies had previously started discussions regarding the technical and financial details of a gas export deal from the Aphrodite field. He also added that Noble Energy is currently studying the possibility of sending a ship to facilitate gas production from the Aphrodite field and supply the pipeline of 4,000 kilometers length to reach Egypt.
The pipeline is planned to come from the Aphrodite field to Egypt through the deep waters of the Mediterranean. Cypriot gas is planned to be supplied to Egypt by 2017 following the construction of a new pipeline and new ships for facilitating production.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers