Egypt signs natural gas deal with Cyprus
State run Egyptian Natural Gas Holding Company (EGAS) is reported to have hosted a delegation from Noble Energy earlier this week in order to discuss the details of importing natural gas from the Aphrodite field located in Cyprus to Egypt.
According to media reports, EGAS chairman Khaled Abdel Badie highlighted that the two companies had previously started discussions regarding the technical and financial details of a gas export deal from the Aphrodite field. He also added that Noble Energy is currently studying the possibility of sending a ship to facilitate gas production from the Aphrodite field and supply the pipeline of 4,000 kilometers length to reach Egypt.
The pipeline is planned to come from the Aphrodite field to Egypt through the deep waters of the Mediterranean. Cypriot gas is planned to be supplied to Egypt by 2017 following the construction of a new pipeline and new ships for facilitating production.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia