Egypt signs oil deals with Total, BP, Eni
Egypt became a big importer of energy as it could not meet the rise in demand while it used to be a net exporter in the past. The country is currently in efforts to find alternative ways to deal with its current situation especially after Saudi Arabia halted its oil exports to the country, such as importing crude directly from Iraq starting from early 2017 and increasing oil imports from Kuwait.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: S. Korea’s 2023 PP exports down for 2nd year, PE sets a new record high
- PP, PE rally wavers in Türkiye; March outlook under discussion
- Crude oil prices seesaw on geopolitics and ebbing demand
- China’s local PP markets return on a cautiously firm note, defying weak fundamentals
- Mid-Eastern PP, PE markets rise in February after three months of weakness
- Stats: China’s 2023 PE imports snap two-year downfall despite rapidly growing domestic capacities
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs