Egypt signs shale gas deal with Apache and Shell
Under the country’s first deal for shale production, three wells are planned to be drilled in the Abu al-Ghardeeq region of the Western Desert. Egypt aims to find new energy sources to cope with declining gas production in the face of rising demand.
In November, Egypt signed an agreement with Norway’s Hoegh LNG to build a LNG import terminal by the end of March.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs