Egypt to establish new petchem complex
El-Molla reported that the feasibility studies for the new complex will last around two and a half years and Japanese Toyota will be responsible for the industrial technologies of the complex.
The studies for the new project will be held in collaboration with the country’s Ministry of Public Business Sector and Egyptian Petrochemicals Holding Company (ECHEM) as well as refineries affiliated to the petroleum sector.
The production chain of the new complex to be built has not been revealed at the time of press.
Earlier in May, the Minister also announced that German investors are interested in new investments in Egypt, which are covering petrochemical and phosphate fertiliser production projects.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect