Egypt to establish new petchem complex
El-Molla reported that the feasibility studies for the new complex will last around two and a half years and Japanese Toyota will be responsible for the industrial technologies of the complex.
The studies for the new project will be held in collaboration with the country’s Ministry of Public Business Sector and Egyptian Petrochemicals Holding Company (ECHEM) as well as refineries affiliated to the petroleum sector.
The production chain of the new complex to be built has not been revealed at the time of press.
Earlier in May, the Minister also announced that German investors are interested in new investments in Egypt, which are covering petrochemical and phosphate fertiliser production projects.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports