Egyptian EPC’s VCM plant down again
Now, the VCM unit’s operations are suspended again. “The company has two options ahead of them. EPC will either start a maintenance shutdown on their VCM unit that will take around 10 days to tackle the technical issue or they will bring their annual maintenance date forward and conduct a turnaround that might take around two months. EPC was originally planning to conduct their annual maintenance shutdown for after the month of Ramadan. However, the company has not reached a conclusion on this issue yet and the decision is expected to be made within two days,” added the source.
EPC is reported to hold sufficient PVC stocks to deliver to the market. The producer also issued increases of EGP250/ton ($33/ton), bringing their offers for PVC k67-68 to EGP7250/ton ($951/ton) and their offers for PVC k70 to EGP7400/ton ($970/ton) on ex-Alexandria, cash not including VAT basis for the second half of February.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September