Egyptian GPPS producer issues hefty drops for Dec to Turkey
New Egyptian GPPS prices stand between $1470-1550/ton CIF Turkey, cash no duty ($1445-1525/ton FOB) which represents $135-155/ton reductions month over month. The low end was valid for quantities at and above 5000 tons, while the high end was given for at or below 500 tons. A trader commented that the source may have to come down further considering the weak market conditions and the softer upstream chain.
In Asia, spot styrene prices plunged $150/ton on an FOB South Korea basis over the week, pulled down by falling crude oil costs. The latest spot prices for styrene are the lowest figures seen since September 2010. Plus, styrene contracts settled down €150/ton earlier this week in Europe, where spot prices have hit the lowest levels seen since June 2012.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints, demand send Turkey PE market to 2-month high
- China's PP upturn enters third week on more bullish fundamentals
- Asia PET markets increase marginally on cost support, healthy Chinese demand
- Southeast Asian PVC markets supported by Indian demand
- Gradually returning demand offers glimmer of hope in polymer markets
- What propels PE prices higher in China?
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations