Egyptian GPPS producer issues hefty drops for Dec to Turkey
New Egyptian GPPS prices stand between $1470-1550/ton CIF Turkey, cash no duty ($1445-1525/ton FOB) which represents $135-155/ton reductions month over month. The low end was valid for quantities at and above 5000 tons, while the high end was given for at or below 500 tons. A trader commented that the source may have to come down further considering the weak market conditions and the softer upstream chain.
In Asia, spot styrene prices plunged $150/ton on an FOB South Korea basis over the week, pulled down by falling crude oil costs. The latest spot prices for styrene are the lowest figures seen since September 2010. Plus, styrene contracts settled down €150/ton earlier this week in Europe, where spot prices have hit the lowest levels seen since June 2012.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices
- China’s Q1 polymer imports set a new record near 6 million tons