Egyptian GPPS producer reveals Nov prices to Turkey
The Egyptian producer’s new prices vary between $1615-1685/ton CIF Turkey, cash, no duty depending on the tonnage. The low end is given for 3,000 tons and above while the upper end is valid for 500 tons or below, traders report. These prices represent $50-65/ton decreases from last month.
“We received lower prices for Egyptian GPPS this month, while we are not planning to replace any materials for now,” two traders opined. Another trader had already predicted that new Egyptian prices could come down to $1625/ton CIF, cash given falling crude oil prices and restricted buying interest. The Egyptian producer had previously complained about thin demand for their exports to Turkey during October.
Import GPPS prices currently stand at the lowest levels unseen since July 2012, according to ChemOrbis Price Index.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers