Egyptian GPPS shows up in Turkey
On the other hand, these prices did not see any buying interest from Turkish traders due to their ADD. A player confirmed, “We preferred not to evaluate this offer as it failed to offer a competitive option considering other origins.”
Non-dutiable South Korean GPPS cargos were last priced at $1420-1460/ton CIF Turkey, cash, while European GPPS was last dealt at €1250/ton ($1340/ton with recent parity) with the same terms.
The Egyptian PS producer had halted production due to maintenance in August 2016 while the company struggled with production issues since late 2016. The company, which could barely offer any prices to its local or export markets so far this year given its prolonged supply issues, resumed its offers by July.
Turkey’s Ministry of Economy enacted anti dumping duties on Egyptian PS as of January 14, 2016 under a statement for preventing unfair competition in imports. Under the new application, anti dumping rates on Egyptian PS with HS Code 3903.19.00.00.00 was set at 11.3% of the CIF value.
According to ChemOrbis Import Statistics, Turkey imported around 8900 tons of GPPS from Egypt in the whole 2015, putting the country into the top ten suppliers of Turkey. However, no imports of Egyptian GPPS were recorded during 2016 and so far in 2017 amidst fading competitive power of the origin and the halted export offers from the producer.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months