Egyptian PVC offers surface in Italy, Turkey
In Italy, a pipe manufacturer received an offer for Egyptian k67-68 at €950/ton on CIF Italy, cash basis. This comes to €990/tons on DDP basis, failing to offer a competitive edge as the overall local spot range was reported at €940-1030/ton FD Italy. “We have not purchased material this month as we are waiting for the import cargoes we ordered last month. We received higher offers while some producers do not have any supply for the moment. Demand is poor and we are struggling to reflect the large increases on our end product prices. The outlook is firm for April too,” said the converter.
A manufacturer in Turkey also received an offer at $1035/ton CIF Turkey, cash for this origin. In comparison, the overall European range was reported at $1020-1030/ton with the same terms. Accordingly, players did not find this offer competitive enough this week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem