Egyptian PVC offers surface in Italy, Turkey
In Italy, a pipe manufacturer received an offer for Egyptian k67-68 at €950/ton on CIF Italy, cash basis. This comes to €990/tons on DDP basis, failing to offer a competitive edge as the overall local spot range was reported at €940-1030/ton FD Italy. “We have not purchased material this month as we are waiting for the import cargoes we ordered last month. We received higher offers while some producers do not have any supply for the moment. Demand is poor and we are struggling to reflect the large increases on our end product prices. The outlook is firm for April too,” said the converter.
A manufacturer in Turkey also received an offer at $1035/ton CIF Turkey, cash for this origin. In comparison, the overall European range was reported at $1020-1030/ton with the same terms. Accordingly, players did not find this offer competitive enough this week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months
- Sentiment in Turkey’s PP, PE markets defies faltering in China