Egyptian PVC provides competitive edge in Turkey
A source from one of the local producers, EPC, reported, “Our plant is running at full rates and we are also exporting our materials this month. However, sales activities are low both in local and export markets.” A source from TCI Sanmar, the other local producer of Egypt, said that their exports are performing better than the domestic sales. “Our plant is running at full capacity and we are delivering to our customers smoothly,” he added.
In Turkey, non-dutiable Egyptian PVC k67 offers were reported at $885-900/ton CIF Turkey, cash, which exerted a downward pressure on regular European cargos which were priced at $935-940/ton CIF, cash so far this week. “We realize that more manufacturers are eager to consume Egyptian origins recently given their attractive prices against European PVC materials,” a profile converter reported.
A pipe manufacturer, meanwhile, commented, “The domestic producer Petkim had to decrease its offers due to the emergence of competitively-priced Egyptian materials.” The producer lowered its list PVC prices by $25/ton on Tuesday.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS