Egyptian TCI Sanmar issues Nov PVC prices
A source at the company reported, “The plant is operating at full capacity, but we’ll be delivering limited quantities to the local market as we will be focused on meeting our export commitments. Local demand is slow as is demand from the Turkish market, but it has improved in Europe. Generally players are waiting now because they expect to see further softness ahead due to falling ethylene costs. However, inventory levels are not very high on the converters’ side and they will have to return to make fresh purchases soon.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm