Egyptian buyer purchases Mid-Eastern PP below $1400 threshold
Although prices were revealed with up to $70/ton decreases from the producers’ late November levels, general offer levels were still standing above $1400/ton on CIF, 90 days basis throughout most of the week.
Coming to the end of the week, a raffia converter reported concluding some Middle Eastern PP raffia deals with irregular Middle Eastern suppliers below the $1400/ton threshold. The buyer was offered Middle Eastern PP raffia at $1390-1435/ton on CIF, 90 days basis from different regional producers and concluded a deal at $1380/ton with the same terms.
“All producers were open to negotiations and we believe that there is still room for further decreases as the month proceeds. Given the lower energy complex and the weak polymer market conditions, sellers offering at the high end of the ranges will have to concede to lower prices, too,” commented the buyer.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers