Egyptian buyer purchases Mid-Eastern PP below $1400 threshold
Although prices were revealed with up to $70/ton decreases from the producers’ late November levels, general offer levels were still standing above $1400/ton on CIF, 90 days basis throughout most of the week.
Coming to the end of the week, a raffia converter reported concluding some Middle Eastern PP raffia deals with irregular Middle Eastern suppliers below the $1400/ton threshold. The buyer was offered Middle Eastern PP raffia at $1390-1435/ton on CIF, 90 days basis from different regional producers and concluded a deal at $1380/ton with the same terms.
“All producers were open to negotiations and we believe that there is still room for further decreases as the month proceeds. Given the lower energy complex and the weak polymer market conditions, sellers offering at the high end of the ranges will have to concede to lower prices, too,” commented the buyer.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets