Egyptian players continue to receive PP, PE offers for May
A trader offering on behalf of an Omani producer said that they have already sold out their PP quota for May at $1200/ton CIF Egypt, 90 days given their competitive levels.
A manufacturer receiving new May offers from two Middle Eastern producers with rollovers to $10/ton decreases from April said that prices are reasonable this month and they are planning to make some fresh purchases; however, he complained about the weak demand on their final products due to the tight liquidity.
A different trader also reported receiving new May offers from a different Saudi producer with rollovers to $30/ton decreases from the previous month. “Allocations are fine and demand has improved although it is still below average due to the unstable market condition,” added the trader.
The overall ranges for the suppliers’ new offers are standing at $1150-1200/ton for homo PP raffia and inj., at $1270/ton for PPBC inj., at $1330-1350/ton for LDPE film, at $1250-1290/ton for LLDPE c4 film and at $1250-1280/ton for HDPE film, with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years