Egyptian players report more June import PE prices
A Middle Eastern producer lifted their prices by $20/ton from May to $1540/ton for both HDPE and LLDPE film on a CIF Egypt, 90 days deferred payment basis.
A trader, who sold these cargoes on behalf of the producer, commented, “The producer’s allocations are still limited for June, but we do not think that supply issues will be felt severely given weak demand, which can offset the availability problems. In line with the start of Ramadan, we expect buying interest to retreat further. Meanwhile, we received offers from another Middle Eastern producer, but we found their offer levels to be too high. We are trying to negotiate down their levels before deciding whether or not we want to purchase.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East