Egyptian trader: More import PP, PE offers emerge from Mid-East
“Therefore, their April prices are just notional sell ideas, which indicate $70/ton increases from March at $1250/ton for HDPE film and blow moulding and LLDPE film on a CIF Alexandria, 90 days deferred payment basis,” added the trader.
Meanwhile, another regional producer’s new April prices are $80-90/ton higher for HDPE at $1250/ton while their PP offers are $110-130/ton firmer at $1080/ton for raffia and injection and at $1170/ton for PPBC injection on a CIF, 90 days basis.
The trader commented, “The latter producer also lacks LLDPE c4 film quotas given their maintenance at their 600,000 tons/year LLDPE film production unit. However, they pronounce a $70/ton firmer notional sell idea for this product at $1250/ton. Overall demand is currently performing well in Egypt and buying interest keeps recording gradual increases day by day. At the moment, the market is mostly steady with players trying to observe the increases amidst limited supplies.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years