Egyptian trader: We are not offering large discounts for PP, PE
A trader, who offers on behalf of two different Middle Eastern producers, commented, “Neither of our suppliers are holding sufficient quotas for September shipment cargoes. This is down to the fact that overall demand is slower than August. Despite the decreases of $130-190/ton, buyers are still resisting our offers. However, we are not able to offer more than $5-10/ton discounts and these are only for our regular customers. In general, buyers are limiting their purchases these months as they are only asking for around 50-75 tons.”
The trader offers Middle Eastern HDPE and LLDPE c4 film at $1250-1270/ton and PPBC injection at $1240/ton on a CIF, 90 days deferred payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa