Egyptian trader: We are not offering large discounts for PP, PE
A trader, who offers on behalf of two different Middle Eastern producers, commented, “Neither of our suppliers are holding sufficient quotas for September shipment cargoes. This is down to the fact that overall demand is slower than August. Despite the decreases of $130-190/ton, buyers are still resisting our offers. However, we are not able to offer more than $5-10/ton discounts and these are only for our regular customers. In general, buyers are limiting their purchases these months as they are only asking for around 50-75 tons.”
The trader offers Middle Eastern HDPE and LLDPE c4 film at $1250-1270/ton and PPBC injection at $1240/ton on a CIF, 90 days deferred payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect
- East African PP, PE markets on rise for July but deals still scarce