Emerson to help Sasol triple its output in US
Once the project is completed, the company’s petrochemical production capacity in the US will triple while the new site will use low cost ethane as feedstock.
The new petrochemical project will house a 1.5 million tons/year ethane cracker as well as six chemical manufacturing plants, including a 1.98 billion lbs/year (approximately 900,000 tons/year) PE plant, spread evenly between LDPE and LLDPE, and a 660 million lbs/year (approximately 300,000 tons/year) ethylene oxide plant.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount