Emerson to help Sasol triple its output in US
Once the project is completed, the company’s petrochemical production capacity in the US will triple while the new site will use low cost ethane as feedstock.
The new petrochemical project will house a 1.5 million tons/year ethane cracker as well as six chemical manufacturing plants, including a 1.98 billion lbs/year (approximately 900,000 tons/year) PE plant, spread evenly between LDPE and LLDPE, and a 660 million lbs/year (approximately 300,000 tons/year) ethylene oxide plant.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns