Emirati converter: Local producer’s HDPE prices more competitive
“Overall demand performs normally in the country but the new Middle Eastern prices have been announced at higher levels for April, causing buyers to be cautious in the market. The local producer’s HDPE prices are below the $1200/ton threshold, at $1160/ton on FD, cash basis and remains more competitive than the overall Middle Eastern HDPE prices, which stand at $1200-1250/ton on CIF, United Arab Emirates, 90 days basis. Although the local producer offers at more competitive levels, their April supplies appear to be tight and not enough to cover the market’s whole needs,” he further added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China HDPE market’s premium over LLDPE hits highest in a year
- Indian PVC players expect bullish trend to taper off for August
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions