Emirati distributor: February PP, PE prices come down
“Supply is ample in the market for all products apart from the local producer’s homo-PP materials. The local producer’s PP plant is shut and therefore, they have not announced any PP prices for this month but only PE prices. In general, buying interest remains slow and buyers continue to purchase on a hand-to-mouth basis,” commented the distributor.
The local Emirati producer’s HDPE film offers indicate $10/ton decreases from January at $1040/ton on an FD Dubai, United Arab Emirates, cash basis.
In the import market, Middle Eastern producers’ PE prices indicate $20-50/ton declines and their PP prices represent $40-70/ton drops. Prices stand at $1130-1140/ton for LDPE film, $1080-1100/ton for HDPE film, $1120/ton for LLDPE film, $1110-1120/ton for HDPE b/m and at $870-900/ton for PP raffia and injection on a CIF Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 90 days basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets