Emirati distributor: February PP, PE prices come down
“Supply is ample in the market for all products apart from the local producer’s homo-PP materials. The local producer’s PP plant is shut and therefore, they have not announced any PP prices for this month but only PE prices. In general, buying interest remains slow and buyers continue to purchase on a hand-to-mouth basis,” commented the distributor.
The local Emirati producer’s HDPE film offers indicate $10/ton decreases from January at $1040/ton on an FD Dubai, United Arab Emirates, cash basis.
In the import market, Middle Eastern producers’ PE prices indicate $20-50/ton declines and their PP prices represent $40-70/ton drops. Prices stand at $1130-1140/ton for LDPE film, $1080-1100/ton for HDPE film, $1120/ton for LLDPE film, $1110-1120/ton for HDPE b/m and at $870-900/ton for PP raffia and injection on a CIF Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 90 days basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?