Emirati producer issues large hikes on April PP, PE to Egypt
Looking at overall prices that the converter received, HDPE film stands at $1200/ton, LLDPE c4 film at $1250/ton, LDPE film at $1220/ton, PP raffia and injection at $1000/ton and PPBC injection at $1140/ton on CIF Alexandria, 90 days deferred payment basis.
The buyer commented, “The Emirati producer’s new April prices came higher than we expected. Usually, their offers are more competitive when compared to a major Saudi Arabian producer’s prices. It seems the gap between the two producers’ offers has narrowed in April. However, it appears that the Emirati producer holds limited quotas for April and this might be the reason why their prices as not competitive as before. At the moment, we prefer to observe the market in order to hear more offers from the Middle Eastern producers."
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect
- East African PP, PE markets on rise for July but deals still scarce