Emirati trader: A major Saudi producer issues Oct. PP, PE prices
“Market conditions are slow in the United Arab Emirates and we cannot absorb any increases. We believe that the producer was aware of this fact and that’s why they announced a rollover. Plus, overall supply levels are comfortable in our market. Regarding our local producer, they, too, rolled over their prices.”
The trader received October Saudi HDPE film offers at $1250/ton, LDPE film offers at $1240/ton and homo-PP offers at $1100/ton on CIF Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 90 days deferred payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures