En-route cargoes put pressure on local PS prices in Turkey
Prices for locally held cargoes were reported stable for GPPS at $1675-1800/ton and $40/ton softer for HIPS at $1800-1860/ton all ex-warehouse, cash inc VAT while offers for en- route cargoes, meanwhile, are currently being offered as low as $1650/ton for GPPS and $1725/ton for HIPS.
A packaging maker said that GPPS availability is now sufficient in the local market and offers above $1700/ton are not realistic as much lower levels are obtainable.
A distributor also added, “Demand and supply are almost balanced. If demand picks up, prices may again see bubbles. However, there are cargoes arriving in the first half of April, which may weigh down on prices near the high ends of the current ranges.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PET markets on uptrend, yet cautiousness persists
- Asian ethylene heads south, propylene yet to follow
- Early reactions to Turkey’s dumping case on Saudi Arabian LDPE
- October PET deals concluded with moderate increases in Europe
- Will it be supply or demand to set PP, PE outlook in Europe?
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks