Ethylene based PVC regains premium over acetylene based in China
According to ChemOrbis Price Index, ethylene based PVC prices posted a cumulative increase of CNY266/ton ($40/ton) on average by surging aggressively compared to two weeks ago. Acetylene based PVC prices, on the other hand, followed a stable to slightly softer trend, which eventually caused the gap between these two products to widen again back to tradional levels.
The slight drop in acetylene based PVC prices was attributed to weaker Dalian futures and buyers’ preference for ethylene based PVC due to better quality issues.
In China, local ethylene based PVC prices are currently quoted at CNY5900-6200/ton ($884-929/ton excluding VAT) for PVC k67 on ex-warehouse China, cash basis. As for acetylene based PVC, prices are reported at CNY5500-5800/ton ($824-869/ton) for k67 with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports