Ethylene based PVC trading near par with acetylene based PVC in China
A distributor reported that they conclude deals for ethylene based PVC at CNY6200/ton ex-warehouse China, cash inc VAT ($864/ton without VAT) while adding that they are offering acetylene based cargoes at CNY6100/ton ($850/ton without VAT) with the same terms. “Prices for ethylene based PVC fell CNY100-200/ton ($16-33/ton) on the week and this product is currently offered at competitive levels relative to acetylene based PVC, which held mostly stable owing to comparatively tight supply. We think that PVC prices will fall below the CNY6000/ton ($836/ton without VAT) threshold over the near term,” the distributor stated.
Another distributor said that prices for ethylene based PVC came down CNY100/ton ($16/ton) while commenting that additional discounts of CNY50/ton ($8/ton) are obtainable for buyers who are serious about purchasing. “It is currently the off season for PVC and we think that prices will continue to decline until upstream costs begin to show signs of stabilizing,” the distributor reported.
Domestic prices currently stand at around CNY6200-6300/ton ($864-878/ton without VAT) for ethylene based PVC and at CNY6100-6200/ton ($850-864/ton without VAT) for acetylene based PVC, all on an ex-warehouse China, cash inc VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures