Ethylene based PVC trading near par with acetylene based PVC in China
A distributor reported that they conclude deals for ethylene based PVC at CNY6200/ton ex-warehouse China, cash inc VAT ($864/ton without VAT) while adding that they are offering acetylene based cargoes at CNY6100/ton ($850/ton without VAT) with the same terms. “Prices for ethylene based PVC fell CNY100-200/ton ($16-33/ton) on the week and this product is currently offered at competitive levels relative to acetylene based PVC, which held mostly stable owing to comparatively tight supply. We think that PVC prices will fall below the CNY6000/ton ($836/ton without VAT) threshold over the near term,” the distributor stated.
Another distributor said that prices for ethylene based PVC came down CNY100/ton ($16/ton) while commenting that additional discounts of CNY50/ton ($8/ton) are obtainable for buyers who are serious about purchasing. “It is currently the off season for PVC and we think that prices will continue to decline until upstream costs begin to show signs of stabilizing,” the distributor reported.
Domestic prices currently stand at around CNY6200-6300/ton ($864-878/ton without VAT) for ethylene based PVC and at CNY6100-6200/ton ($850-864/ton without VAT) for acetylene based PVC, all on an ex-warehouse China, cash inc VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm