Ethylene, propylene prices under pressure in Europe
According to weekly average prices on ChemOrbis Price Wizard, spot ethylene prices indicate a cumulative fall of around €70/ton from the end of April while spot propylene prices posted a more notable decrease of €220/ton in total compared to the end of March.
In the production news, three major producers including Sabic, Dow and Total restarted their steam crackers while Exxonmobil was heard to be restarting its plant imminently.
Adding to the returning capacities across Europe, falling prices in Asia boosted imports into Europe from the Middle East as European spot prices have stood above Asian prices up until recently.
To see further details about the most updated news of new capacities as well as shutdowns and restarts around the globe at a glance, please follow ChemOrbis Production News .
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s stormy week: Hike attempts emerge after 4 months in PP, PE markets
- PVC markets fail to extend gains to Oct on economic woes, low demand in Asia
- Sentiment cautiously rebounds in Asian PP, PE markets
- Asian monomer markets react after crude oil surge
- September hikes meet resistance for ABS in Europe
- Turkey’s import PP market slumps to 3-year low on supply glut, low demand
- Import PVC demand dampened in Europe, Turkey; will it improve in H2?
- Chinese PET producers attempt for hikes first time since July
- Uptrend in spot styrene prices curtailed in Asia
- Spot LDPE, LLDPE prices hit a decade low in Italy