Ethylene, propylene prices under pressure in Europe
According to weekly average prices on ChemOrbis Price Wizard, spot ethylene prices indicate a cumulative fall of around €70/ton from the end of April while spot propylene prices posted a more notable decrease of €220/ton in total compared to the end of March.
In the production news, three major producers including Sabic, Dow and Total restarted their steam crackers while Exxonmobil was heard to be restarting its plant imminently.
Adding to the returning capacities across Europe, falling prices in Asia boosted imports into Europe from the Middle East as European spot prices have stood above Asian prices up until recently.
To see further details about the most updated news of new capacities as well as shutdowns and restarts around the globe at a glance, please follow ChemOrbis Production News .
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s local PVC market retreats from 8-month high
- Initial June PE offers to SEA signal firming despite buyers’ resistance
- Firming in ethylene lags behind propylene in Europe
- PET rally stalls in China after prices hit four-and-half-year high
- Asian PS retains firming path on supportive upstream
- June PE outlook under discussion in Europe
- Taiwanese major lowers June PVC offers to Asia despite firm China
- Local PP markets cautiously firmer in Vietnam, Indonesia
- Global ethylene prices continue to defy energy rally
- China’s import polyolefin markets up on soaring crude, futures