Ethylene, propylene prices under pressure in Europe
According to weekly average prices on ChemOrbis Price Wizard, spot ethylene prices indicate a cumulative fall of around €70/ton from the end of April while spot propylene prices posted a more notable decrease of €220/ton in total compared to the end of March.
In the production news, three major producers including Sabic, Dow and Total restarted their steam crackers while Exxonmobil was heard to be restarting its plant imminently.
Adding to the returning capacities across Europe, falling prices in Asia boosted imports into Europe from the Middle East as European spot prices have stood above Asian prices up until recently.
To see further details about the most updated news of new capacities as well as shutdowns and restarts around the globe at a glance, please follow ChemOrbis Production News .
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot propylene regains premium over ethylene for first time since 2013
- Import LDPE, LLDPE prices almost back at par with ethylene in China
- Turkish players voice early PP, PE expectations for November
- Thin buying cushions impact of PVC shutdowns across Europe
- China’s PP market makes a strong start to post-holiday period
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread narrows to 3-year low
- Local PVC markets plunge in India, Southeast Asia
- PE sustains soft path in October across Africa, Mid-East
- Will propylene hike be reflected on European PP?
- US PE sellers continue to target SE Asia as trade war with China escalates