Ethylene, propylene prices under pressure in Europe
According to weekly average prices on ChemOrbis Price Wizard, spot ethylene prices indicate a cumulative fall of around €70/ton from the end of April while spot propylene prices posted a more notable decrease of €220/ton in total compared to the end of March.
In the production news, three major producers including Sabic, Dow and Total restarted their steam crackers while Exxonmobil was heard to be restarting its plant imminently.
Adding to the returning capacities across Europe, falling prices in Asia boosted imports into Europe from the Middle East as European spot prices have stood above Asian prices up until recently.
To see further details about the most updated news of new capacities as well as shutdowns and restarts around the globe at a glance, please follow ChemOrbis Production News .
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia