Ethylene, propylene prices under pressure in Europe
According to weekly average prices on ChemOrbis Price Wizard, spot ethylene prices indicate a cumulative fall of around €70/ton from the end of April while spot propylene prices posted a more notable decrease of €220/ton in total compared to the end of March.
In the production news, three major producers including Sabic, Dow and Total restarted their steam crackers while Exxonmobil was heard to be restarting its plant imminently.
Adding to the returning capacities across Europe, falling prices in Asia boosted imports into Europe from the Middle East as European spot prices have stood above Asian prices up until recently.
To see further details about the most updated news of new capacities as well as shutdowns and restarts around the globe at a glance, please follow ChemOrbis Production News .
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indonesia’s polyolefin markets sustain uptrend
- Asian PVC markets shaken by sharp fall in Taiwanese major’s Apr pricing
- March PE prices take split paths in Africa, Mid-East
- Asian PS markets touch 4-month high amid volatile styrene
- Turkey’s PP market attracts deep-sea origins at 4-month high
- European ABS rebounds from 3-year low
- Firming persists in Vietnam’s PE market, shrugging off ethylene
- European styrene continues to climb up, Asia remains cautiously firm
- PP market up from a year-low in Europe; yet hikes beyond C3 see resistance
- Asian ethylene slumps on supply glut