EuPC, BPF release joint statement on impact of Brexit
The two leading plastics recycling associations pointed out the necessity to establish a comprehensive agreement which will remove the negative effects of the Brexit.
Accordingly, the UK exported €4.6 billion worth of plastics goods to EU in 2016, which comprises 68% of the UK’s total plastics products exports. Moreover, the British plastics industry imported €4,5 billion of raw plastics material from the Union states, while the Kingdom employs approximately 18,000 plastics industry workers from the other EU states.
The statement also called for the confirmation of the duty-free trade between the Member States and the UK to avoid the trade-hindering customs procedures.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Malaysia PP exports almost triple in February
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt
- PP, PE markets on a slight uptrend in Indonesia despite Ramadan lull
- European PE hovers around 11-year low, is reversal near?
- US PVC prices bounce on heels of eased stock pressure