EuPC, BPF release joint statement on impact of Brexit
The two leading plastics recycling associations pointed out the necessity to establish a comprehensive agreement which will remove the negative effects of the Brexit.
Accordingly, the UK exported €4.6 billion worth of plastics goods to EU in 2016, which comprises 68% of the UK’s total plastics products exports. Moreover, the British plastics industry imported €4,5 billion of raw plastics material from the Union states, while the Kingdom employs approximately 18,000 plastics industry workers from the other EU states.
The statement also called for the confirmation of the duty-free trade between the Member States and the UK to avoid the trade-hindering customs procedures.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops