EuPC, BPF release joint statement on impact of Brexit
The two leading plastics recycling associations pointed out the necessity to establish a comprehensive agreement which will remove the negative effects of the Brexit.
Accordingly, the UK exported €4.6 billion worth of plastics goods to EU in 2016, which comprises 68% of the UK’s total plastics products exports. Moreover, the British plastics industry imported €4,5 billion of raw plastics material from the Union states, while the Kingdom employs approximately 18,000 plastics industry workers from the other EU states.
The statement also called for the confirmation of the duty-free trade between the Member States and the UK to avoid the trade-hindering customs procedures.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Oil plunge weighs on PET bottle sentiment in Asia, Europe
- ABS reverses losses after 8 weeks in Asia; will upturn be sustainable?
- Import delays support European PP suppliers in July
- Asian PET markets in limbo between high costs and tepid demand
- India PVC sentiment improves further despite lower Aug offers from Taiwan
- Asian ethylene, propylene prices remain bullish but caution lingers
- African PP, PE markets offer mixed bag for July
- European PVC suppliers seek hikes for 14th straight month in July
- Turkey’s PP markets rise around 10% in a month
- India PVC sees first hike attempts after weeks of declines