Europe’s commercial vehicle sales increase further in Oct
The data showed that sales for new heavy trucks were up 5.5% in October to 28,245 units while sales for light commercial vehicles rose 7.3% on the year to reach 150,984 units. New bus and coach sales also increased 15.9% to reach 3,259 units while new truck sales were up 3% on an annual basis in October.
Among the largest European markets, Spain (+22.9%) posted double digit growth in October and was followed by Italy (+7.6%), Germany (+6.7%) and France (+3.9%) among the top performing countries. Meanwhile, during the January-October period, Spain (+36.5%), the UK (+16.6%), Italy (+9.8%), Germany (+2.7%) and France (+2.1%) all posted growth from a year earlier.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness