Europe’s commercial vehicle sales increase further in Oct
The data showed that sales for new heavy trucks were up 5.5% in October to 28,245 units while sales for light commercial vehicles rose 7.3% on the year to reach 150,984 units. New bus and coach sales also increased 15.9% to reach 3,259 units while new truck sales were up 3% on an annual basis in October.
Among the largest European markets, Spain (+22.9%) posted double digit growth in October and was followed by Italy (+7.6%), Germany (+6.7%) and France (+3.9%) among the top performing countries. Meanwhile, during the January-October period, Spain (+36.5%), the UK (+16.6%), Italy (+9.8%), Germany (+2.7%) and France (+2.1%) all posted growth from a year earlier.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge